Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hindustan By Harold Weeks

Hindustan By Oliver Wallace and Harold Weeks - 1918
Played By Joseph Pingel




I love to play old piano-blues classics by ear with stuff like this.  Having never heard it before, I counted and played the melody line over a few times until I got a feel for the song.  The tune is catchy but the arrangement is cumbersome and hard to read.  At that point, I THROW AWAY THE MUSIC and just play it.  If you know the chords and melody, that's all you need.  CF and G.  Keep practicing.
  
P.S. Comment below and tell me how you like this. Thanks!

_________________________________

Joseph Pingel is a pianist, teacher and musicologist.  Click here to get the free companion book to this blog.  See his other sites at www.KeyedUpPiano.com and www.PlayByEarCentral.com. 

© 2013 Keyed Up Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment